8 Day TK Lemosho Climb & 5 Day Safari to Tarangire, Ngorongoro & Serengeti
- Saturday 9th October 2021: Arrive at Kilimanjaro International (JRO) airport.
Once you have completed customs formalities and collected your luggage, please exit the airport building and then look out for TK's driver who will be waiting under a shelter for you at the meeting point outside and should be carrying a placard with your name on it. Our driver will transfer you to your standard grade hotel in Arusha for your overnight stay in a twin room on a bed & breakfast basis.
If you have an afternoon flight: Your mountain guide will come to your hotel for your pre-climb briefing at approximately 1800, during which he will introduce himself, brief you on everything that will be happening throughout the duration of the climb, check any kit that you may have concerns over, issue any kit hire items that have been requested (if you hire any kit from us for your climb) and he will also deal with any final pre-climb administration and answer any questions you may have.
Since you are flying to Northern Serengeti and your safari guide will need to drive there the day before you fly, he will not be in Arusha to brief you on the evening immediately before your climb. So, we will aim to ensure either than your safari guide comes this evening or - if he's in the field - that another guide comes to brief you in the evening following your climb.
- Sunday 10th October 2021: Your mountain guide and supporting crew will collect you from your hotel at approximately 0730 to transfer you to Mount Kilimanjaro to start your open 8 day TK Lemosho ‘Advantage Series’ climb, finishing on 17th October 2021.
- Sunday 17th October 2021: We will collect you from Mweka Village when you finish your climb and will return you to your standard grade hotel in Arusha for your overnight stay in 1 x double room on a bed & breakfast basis.
Your safari guide will make his way to Northern Serengeti today to be ready to meet you when you arrive at Kogatende Airstrip tomorrow morning.
- Monday 18th October 2021: Transfer from hotel in Arusha at 0830 to Arusha Airport (ARK) for Coastal Aviation flight at 1045. Arrive at Kogatende Airstrip at 1245 and met by TK safari driver. Transfer to Mbugani Migration camp for lunch followed by afternoon game drives.
- Tuesday 19th October 2021: Full day of game drives within the area of the migration. Overnight at Mbugani Migration Camp.
- Wednesday 20th October 2021: Start heading south at 0730 with game drives en route to Ngorongoro Crater Rim for overnight at Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge.
- Thursday 21st October 2021: Descend into Ngorongoro Crater for early morning game drive. Afternoon game drives in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area and visit to a local Maasai boma. Transfer to Marera View Lodge in Karatu for overnight.
- Friday 22nd October 2021: Morning game drive in Tarangire National Park. Transfer to KIA Lodge for dinner and overnight 5 minutes' drive from the airport.
- Saturday 23rd October 2021: Breakfast at KIA Lodge. Transfer by KIA Lodge driver for homebound flight.
Safari route map
Estimated costs per person
The following costs are on the basis of two people sharing and are subject to confirmation when booking.
Costs are based on the anticipated USD 11.80 per person per day and USD 11.80 per person per night park fee increases that are currently being discussed by the park authorities as likely coming into effect on 1st July 2021.
|8 Day Climb (Open)
TK Lemosho, Advantage
|$3,169 per person|
|5 Day Safari
Full board meal plan
|$2,471 per person|
|Flights, ARK to Kogatende
|$356 per person*|
KIA Lodge, Half board
|$98 per person|
|Total per person||$6,094 per person|
- fare increases from $343 on 1st June 2021
Images on this page are of the properties visited and do not necessarily reflect the rooms to be allocated.