5 Day Mt Kenya Trek & 7 Day Superlite Climb on TK Rongai
This itinerary is recommended throughout the year.
27th December 2022: Arrive at Nairobi International Airport (NBO) at 2100 and transfer to Four Points by Sheraton Nairobi Airport (own booking, accommodation and taxi).
28th December 2022: Collected by your mountain guide, chef and driver for transfer to Naro Moru Park Gate at 2,400m where we meet our porters and begin the trek (around 3-4 hours) to the Met Station at 3,050m on the western hills of Mount Kenya.
29th December 2022: Trek around 5-6 hours from Met Station to Mackinder Camp at 4,200m.
30th December 2022: Acclimatisation excursion options at guide's discretion. Option 1 (short) - Ascend Teleki Valley to Teleki Tarn at 2,291m. Option 2 (long) - Ascend beyond American Camp to Tyndall Tarn at 4,463m. Return to Mackinder Camp for very early dinner and sleep.
31st December 2022: Begin the summit bid at around 0300, aiming to reach Point Lenana 4,985m at dawn. Descend to Old Moses Camp at 3,300m for overnight.
1st January 2023: Descend from Old Moses Camp to Sirimon Park Gate at 2,600m where we'll be met by a vehicle at around lunch time and transported by private vehicle back to Nairobi for overnight at Radisson Blu Hotel / Best Western Meridian, or nearby hotel (own booking).
2nd January 2023: Short walk from your hotel to Jevanjee Gardens where you'll board the Riverside Shuttle at 0730 for the 0800 departure. The route crosses the border at Namanga where you'll be required to disembark, pass through security clearance, and complete immigration formalities. The bus should drop you at The Outpost Lodge at around 1400.
3rd January 2023: Your mountain guide and supporting crew will collect you from your hotel at approximately 0730 to transfer you to Kilimanjaro's Rongai Gate to start your open 7 day TK Rongai ‘Superlite Series’ climb, finishing on 9th January 2023.
A comprehensive itinerary of this route is available to download here 📥
9th January 2023: We will collect you from Marangu Gate when you finish your climb and transport you to KIA Lodge for your overnight stay.
10th January 2023: Transfer at around 0645 from KIA Lodge by the hotel's own driver to JRO for departing flight at 0900.
Prices per person in USD
|No. in group 👉||Solo||2 🧍||3 🧍||4 🧍||5 🧍||6+ 🧍|
|4 day Mt Kenya trek||$2,675||$1,840||$1,560||$1,420||$1,340||$1,280|
|5 day Mt Kenya trek||$2,962||$2,099||$1,812||$1,668||$1,582||$1,524|
|Nairobi to Arusha shuttle||$25|
|Outpost Lodge, per night, B&B||$50||$35|
|7 TK Rongai Superlite||$2,201||$2,013||$1,921||$1,897||$1,865||$1,841|
|KIA Lodge, per night, B&B||$127||$83|
Mobiles: scroll right for larger groups 👉
As per supplied costs advice, proposed arrangements include:
- Pick up from hotel near Nairobi Airport and transfer to Mount Kenya in dedicated private vehicle
- Guided ascent of Mount Kenya's trekking peak, Point Lenana, to include all necessary park fees
- Transfer in private vehicle from Mount Kenya to your preferred hotel in Nairobi
- Transfer in standard scheduled Riverside Shuttle Bus from Nairobi to Arusha
- Overnight at The Outpost Lodge in a twin and single room on B&B basis
- Collection in dedicated private vehicle from your hotel in Arusha and transfer to Kilimanjaro
- Guided ascent of Kilimanjaro, to include all necessary park fees
- Transfer in dedicated private vehicle from Kilimanjaro to KIA Lodge
- Overnight at KIA Lodge in a twin and single room on B&B basis
- On both Mount Kenya and Kilimanjaro: food provision and preparation; staff contingent of 1 x chief guide, 1 x assistant guide, 1 x chef, and 3 x porters (primarily for water carriage).
- Tips to mountain crew. Please see our Tipping page for recommendations.
- Meals other than breakfast at included hotels
- Beverages at included hotels
- Additionally requested services at included hotels, such as laundry, massage, etc.
- Hotel stays in Nairobi (airport and city centre)
- Additional porters charged at USD 20 per porter per day for Superlite / Lite Series hybrid options
- Food on the mountain is charged additionally if upgrading from Superlite to a hybrid option; approx. USD 96 per person on 4 climber basis - includes staff
- 4 and 5 day route options on Mt Kenya, with additional day to be spent at Mackinder's Camp with acclimatisation excursion to Teleki Tarn or Tyndall Tarn.