33 Day Safari to Tarangire & Serengeti
Following a rigorous 8 days spent on Kilimanjaro this is a good, varied use of limited available time on safari, which strikes a good balance between game viewing, fascinating cultural insights, and activity on-foot.
- Friday 10th September 2021: Arrive at Kilimanjaro International (JRO) airport at 0740.
Once you have completed customs formalities and collected your luggage, please exit the airport building and then look out for your guide who will be waiting under a shelter for you at the meeting point outside and should be carrying a placard with your name on it - though he will certainly recognise you!
Your guide will transfer you to Arusha Coffee Lodge for breakfast before proceeding to Tarangire for game driving and overnight at Lemala Mpingo Ridge.
- 11th to 15th September: Game drives in Tarangire National Park, with accommodation at Lemala Mpingo Ridge.
- Thursday 16th September: Driver departs early in the morning to Seronera to await flight. Transfer with Lemala to Kuro Airstrip for Coastal Aviation flight at 1130, arriving at Seronera at 1215. Transfer to Lemala Nanyukie for lunch, with optional afternoon game drive.
- 17th to 22nd September: Game drives in central Serengeti with accommodation at Lemala Nanyukie.
- Thursday 23rd September: Flight from Seronera with Coastal Aviation at 0900, arriving at Kogatende at 1005. Game drives and overnight at Lemala Kuria Hills.
- 24th to 30th September: Game drives from Lemala Kuria Hills.
- 1st to 8th October: Game drives from Nimali Mara.
- Saturday 9th October: Coastal Aviation flight from Kogatende at 0925, arriving at Arusha Airport at 1145. Met by Team Kilimanjaro representative and transferred to Mount Meru Hospital for PCR sample submission. After clinic visit, transfer to Arusha Coffee Lodge for lunch. Afternoon transfer to Makuyuni to meet safari guide for transfer to Nimali Tarangire.
- 10th to 11th October: Game drives from Nimali Tarangire.
- Tuesday 12th October: After breakfast at Nimali Tarangire, transfer to Lake Eyasi to visit bushwomen. Overnight at Ziwani Lodge.
- Wednesday 13th October: Very early breakfast at Ziwani (or breakfast box) followed by hunt with bushmen. Return to Ziwani Lodge for lunch. Afternoon transfer to KIA Lodge beside JRO airport to make use of a dayroom to shower and get ready for your return flight. Dinner at KIA Lodge and transfer at 2030 to JRO for flight at 2325.
Safari costs per couple
|Cost component||Rack rate||Negotiated rate|
|Safari - non-accommodation elements||$22,730|
|Lemala Mpingo Ridge||$10,320||$5,960|
|Lemala Kuria Hills||$15,040||$8,686|
|Coastal flights, Kuro to Seronera||$800|
|Coastal flights, Seronera to Kogatende||$562|
|Coastal flights, Kogatende to Arusha||$692|
|PCR Test, Arusha||$200|
|Total trip cost||$58,511|
Scroll right on a mobile 👉