Built to endure 8,000-meter ascents, the Himalayan Mitt is the ultimate mountaineering mitt with top-quality, 600-fill goose down at palm and insulation throughout for extreme warmth in extreme conditions. Updated for 2012 with an improved fit and added FlashDry lining that dramatically improves dry time and breathability. Kevlar-reinforced knuckles and finger caps. Currently, Kevlar has many applications, ranging from bicycle tires and racing sails to body armor, because of its high tensile strength-to-weight ratio; by this measure it is 5 times stronger than steel. It is also used to make modern drumheads that withstand high impact. When used as a woven material, it is suitable for mooring lines and other underwater applications.
- 5 Dimensional Fit uses five hand measurements to build gloves from the inside out to ensure a consistent size Fit
- Shaffle technology incorporating full side-seam baffle for maximum warmth
- The ultimate mountaineering mitt with goose-down insulation
- Windproof, water-resistant, breathable shell
- Kevlar-reinforced knuckles and finger cap (the material used in bulletproof vests!).